The title may sound overly dramatic, but this topic recently popped up on my Facebook feed and I thought it was worth thinking about for me. So I’ve come up with a working list of things that keep me going when life is difficult to handle – in no particular order. (Disclaimer – this is not a complete list – it’s a “working list” as it will always change and grow.)
- My family – all of them, even the ones I don’t speak to hardly ever – we’re the functional dysfunctional family and I love them all.
- My dogs – they make the sun shine on the cloudiest of days.
- My friends – the ones who have been by my side in good times and bad – you are golden.
- Books – after the first three, this may sound odd, but if you know me you know they mean so very much. They’ve helped me combat depression and loneliness.
- Theater – where else can you be a complete drama queen and no one bats an eye?!?
- My job – this job is the best one I have ever had – low stress (overall), wonderful boss/colleagues, and a beautiful environment. Who can ask for anything more?
- Working out – I’m so glad I’m back at the gym regularly!
- Good food – again, anyone who knows me know this is important to me!
- Flowers – happiness in a plant!
- Music – it’s the soundtrack of my life.
- Game night – a fun time to have with family and friends!
- Cards Against Humanity – this game has made me laugh more than any other!
- Learning – I enjoy learning new things – which happens every day.
- My health – it’s getting better, which is wonderful!
- Memories – good and not so good – they remind me of lessons learned and the good things that I’ve had in my life.
- Our new car – Oh how I’ve been wanting you for quite a while!
- Rubber Ducks – they just make me smile!
- Rainy days – the type of day that makes you want to snuggle in with a good book.
- Snow – I know it’s not popular with many, but I love the first snowfall and seeing a blanket of fluffy white covering everything.
- Fire – as in a fire in a fire pit or fireplace. Again – comforting.
- Grilled cheese – one of the best comfort foods ever.
- Potatoes – most versatile produce in the world. I could eat it with every meal and be happy.
- Sunshine – nothing like a sunny day to brighten my mood.
- The Beach – I love almost everything about it.
- Technology – it makes life better.
Okay, that’s it for today. I could go on forever but then I wouldn’t get anything else done!
What are some of yours?